Google Search
Search www.israelfaxx.com


Newsletter : 6fax0804.txt

Directory | Previous file | Next file

Tehran Sends Bin Laden's Son to Syria

By Threatswatch.org

Any question regarding cooperation between Iran and al-Qaeda should be answered by news that Iran has 'freed' Usama bin Laden's son, Saad bin Laden, in order to get an al-Qaeda foothold from Syria and project it against Israel. The degree to which Usama bin Laden's son was 'freed' on July 28 should likely be interpreted as a deployment, not a release. According to a German Die Welt article, this is not only a significant development in the current war between Israel and Hizbullah, but more importantly, a clear indication that the fight against Hizbullah is not an isolated conflict.


Ahmadinejad Reiterates Threat

By Israel News Faxx Services

Iran's president reiterated his call for Israel's destruction as a "solution" to the Middle East crisis. Attending a meeting of the 56-member Organization of the Islamic Conference in Malaysia on Thursday, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad endorsed a resolution calling for a cessation of hostilities between Israel and Lebanon, but added his own proviso.

"Although the main solution is for the elimination of the Zionist regime, at this stage an immediate ceasefire must be implemented," he said. "Britain and America, as the main associates of the Zionist regime in its offensive in Lebanon, should compensate Lebanon's damages. Those governments should answer for their crimes in Lebanon."


IDF Renews Strikes on Hizbullah Targets in Beirut; Nasrallah: If Israel Hits Beirut, We will Hit Tel Aviv

By IsraelNationalNews.com

Senior Hizbullah officials have ordered the terror organization's "missile unit" to launch attacks against Tel Aviv if Beirut is attacked. Such a response is to be immediate, not dependent on additional consultations, the terror commanders are quoted as telling a Kuwaiti newspaper.

The senior terror officials stated if Israel attacks Beirut, Tel Aviv will be hit immediately. Regarding targets "past Tel Aviv", such a decision will be depend how events unfold, the newspaper reported.

Israel said it would retaliate harshly against an attack on Tel Aviv and would destroy the entire infrastructure in Lebanon, according to a highly-positioned IDF officer quoted by Channel One's Mabat news program.


Katyusha Barrage, Battles in Lebanon - 12 Killed

By IsraelNationalNews.com & VOA News

Twelve Israelis were killed Thursday in the war with Hizbullah: four soldiers in the ground battles, and eight civilians in the terrorists' stepped-up Katyusha rocket attacks.

The news of the three separate incidents was broken all at once at approximately 4:30 p.m. The army first released for publication that two soldiers had been killed in battles with Hizbullah in southern Lebanon in the course of the day. Later, it was announced that a third soldier died of his wounds at Rambam Hospital. Early hints of the news had been provided earlier with reports of "very heavy battles" in southern Lebanon. The death of the fourth soldier was announced shortly before midnight.

The news was released just as a wave of Katyusha rockets hit the city of Acco (Acre), north of Haifa, 12 miles south of the Lebanese border along the Mediterranean coast. It was first reported that one person had been seriously injured, then that he and a fellow passenger in his car were killed, and then that the number of dead had risen to three and then four. Two other people were reported injured by the fatal blast.

Minutes later, it was learned that three other people had been killed in a similar Katyusha strike in the Israeli-Arab neighborhood of Tarshiha, near Ma'alot, some 12 miles to the northeast. The three dead in Ma'alot Tarshiha were Shnati Shnati, Amir Naim and Muhammed Faor, all of them age 18.

Two of the victims in the Acco attack, father and daughter Shimon and Mazal Zribi, were reportedly in a shelter when they heard a Katyusha fall; they went out to see what happened, and were killed by a follow-up rocket. Also killed was 41-year-old Albert Ben Abu.

The number of dead in the war with Hizbullah now stands at 68, including 28 civilians and 40 soldiers. Among the civilians killed by the Muslim-fired Katyushas were at least eight Arabs.

A new report from the U.S. based Human Rights Watch said Israeli air strikes have indiscriminately struck Lebanese civilians.

A military spokesman said expanding Israel's presence in Lebanon will require about 2,000 more troops. Israeli Defense Forces Chief of Staff, Dan Halutz said his forces will stay in Lebanon as long as necessary. "We are going to provide our government the flexibility to select its decision, either to stay or withdraw."

Israel dropped leaflets in Beirut warning residents of three Shiite neighborhoods to leave - a sign the neighborhoods could be hit by air strikes.

Israel later resumed air strikes on the southern suburbs of Beirut. Planes carried out strikes on southern Beirut as well as against targets in Lebanon's eastern Bekaa Valley, and on roads near the Syrian border Thursday.

Speaking to journalists, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said he believes Israel's policy towards civilian casualties in Lebanon is much different that that of Hizbullah's.

"Every time a civilian is killed by an Israeli we consider it a failure and we regret it very much because it has never been our strategy and we do not want to achieve that," he said. "Every time an Israeli civilian is considered by Hizbullah it is considered by them to be a victory."

About 10,000 Israeli ground troops are engaged in heavy fighting with Hizbullah militants inside southern Lebanon. Israeli troops have seized ground near at least ten Lebanese towns and villages in the area. Hizbullah on Thursday continued to launch rockets against northern Israel.

Meanwhile, a large Israeli force of about 50 tanks accompanied by bulldozers pushed about eight kilometers into the Gaza Strip on Thursday taking up position near the Egyptian border. Israeli aircraft also attacked at least four groups of what Israel says were Palestinian gunmen. At least four Palestinians were killed and more than 20 others injured.


Netanyahu Tells Britain: Hizbullah Can Reach London

By IsraelNationalNews.com & Ha'aretz

Knesset Member and Opposition leader Binyamin Netanyahu warned Britons on Thursday that Iran has missiles which can reach London. Speaking on Sky News, the former Prime Minister said that Hizbullah represents a new fascism and Hitler-ism that threatens the West.

In a separate interview with The Times of London, Netanyahu also doubted that a proposed international peacekeeping force in Lebanon can prevent future attacks on Israel by Hizbullah. "The record of multi-national forces so far has been mixed one," he said.

"In Iraq, a dozen nations started out and one by one they fell by the wayside as Islamic terrorists targeted the soldiers of the international force. Ukrainian, Spanish and Japanese mothers asked why should our sons fight and die in Iraq. This is undoubtedly a tactic that Hizbullah and its Iranian patrons will try to replicate here."

The Speaker of the Knesset, Dalia Itzik (Kadima), asked on Thursday the Knesset's Ethics Committee to sanction member Jamal Zahlaka (Balad) for improper conduct.

In a letter to committee chairman Haim Oron(Meretz-Yahad), Itzik asked to suspend the Israeli Arab from 10 Knesset sessions for calling opposition leader Binyamin Netanyahu an "angel of death" and interrupting Vice Premier Shimon Peres' speech.


Evidence Mounts that Qana "Massacre" Was a Fake

By IsraelNationalNews.com

The world awoke last Sunday to the news that an Israeli air strike had killed 57 Lebanese civilians, leading Israel to stop air strikes for two days - but evidence shows the "massacre" was just a fraud.

The supposed massacre caused a major turnabout in world diplomacy. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice suddenly canceled her plans to fly to Beirut, saying "my work towards a ceasefire is really here [in Jerusalem] today."

The implication was clearly that the onus was now upon Israel. French President Jacques Chirac condemned Israel's "unjustified action which demonstrates more than ever the need for an immediate ceasefire," Jordan's King Abdullah called it an "ugly crime," and other world leaders echoed these sentiments.

Though Israel emphasized that Hizbullah was to blame for waging its rocket war against Israel from within a civilian population, Foreign Ministry officials repeated their "deep regret at the loss of innocent life in the campaign against Hizbullah," and were forced to promise a "thorough and comprehensive examination."

Apparently, however, the incident was all one big fraud, staged by Arab elements for the world media in order to lead precisely to the situation described above.

The central piece of evidence leading to this conclusion is the fact, mentioned by IDF officials from the very beginning that the building collapsed a full seven hours after the Israel Air Force bombing. Why, then, would the residents inside not have been evacuated in the meantime?

As Brig. Gen. Amir Eshel of the Israeli Air Force told reporters Sunday night, "It is difficult for me to believe that they waited eight hours to evacuate it." Without additional evidence, Eshel merely left open the possibility that Hizbullah terrorists, or explosives they left behind, caused the explosion.

"Indeed," writes Robert Spencer for FrontPageMagazine, "it strains credulity that not only did these Lebanese civilians remain in a house that had been bombed for eight hours, but peacefully went to sleep in it after the bombing – since the victims were all apparently sleeping, despite continuing Israeli air bombardment in the area, when the building collapsed."

Gen. Eshel also said that the building was used by Hizbullah to store explosives. This was supported by a letter by Dr. Mounir Herzallah, a southern Lebanese Shiite, who wrote that Hizbullah terrorists came to his town, dug a munitions depot and then built a school and a residence directly over it.

In addition, as Reuven Koret writes for IsraelInsider, the bombing of the area occurred in three waves. The first bombs, according to CNN correspondent Brent Sadler, did not hit the building in question, but rather landed "20 or 30 meters" away. The second strike hit targets further away, and the third strike, around 7:30 in the morning, landed over 400 meters away. The first reports of a collapsed building arrived a half-hour later.

Another CNN correspondent, Ben Wedeman, noted that there was a larger crater next to the building. He observed that the roof of the building was intact and that the building appeared not to have collapsed as a result of the Israeli strike.

Thus, the building was used to store explosives, was apparently not destroyed by the bombing, and sheltered dozens of women and children throughout a night of bombing. The identity of the victims was also not clear, except that they were not the original occupants of the building; a National Public Radio correspondent reported that they had left. "The victims were non-residents who chose to shelter in the building that night," Koret writes, and who were "'too poor' to leave the town, one resident told CNN's Wedeman. Who were these people?"


Police Bar Non-Muslims From Temple Mount Despite Court Order

By IsraelNationalNews.com

Despite an Israeli High Court decision, Jerusalem's Temple Mount, Judaism's holiest site, was closed to Jews on the Fast of Tisha B'Av, which mourns the destruction of the Holy Temple. Despite the fact that the Mount represents the focal point of the fast, only Muslim women and Muslim men over the age of 45 were permitted entry Thursday.

Israel's Supreme Court ruled two days ago that members of the Temple Mount Faithful could ascend the mount on Tisha B'Av during the normal hours during which non-Muslims are usually allowed on the Mount, Sunday-Thursday. The court ruled that the group could not carry placards, dress in a provocative fashion or draw any attention to themselves - and the group's founder, Gershon Solomon, was to be barred from the Mount altogether.

In response, the head of the Islamic Movement's northern branch, Sheikh Raed Selah, told Israel Radio that the Supreme Court does not have the authority to rule on the matter, "because Israel does not have sovereignty over [the Temple Mount]." He also issued a call for Muslims to flock to the Al Aqsa Mosque Thursday to confront Jewish worshipers.

Following additional threats by Arab Knesset members Ibrahim Sarsour and Abbas Zkoor (Ra'am-Ta'al), Police barred not only members of the Temple Mount Faithful group – but all non-Muslims. They said the decision was due to a fear of violent clashes between Temple Mount Faithful activists and Muslim protesters.

Police detained one Jewish man who requested to be allowed to visit the Temple Mount Thursday morning, claiming he obstructed the entrance to the Western Wall to worshipers.


Home Search

(All material on these web pages is © 2001-2012
by Electronic World Communications, Inc.)



 
Home
Search
 
Read today's issue
 
Who is Don Canaan?
 
IsraelNewsFaxx's Zionism and the Middle East Resource Directory