Google Search
Search www.israelfaxx.com


Newsletter : 5fax0629.txt

Directory | Previous file | Next file

3- and 5-Year Olds Held In Police Custody for 20 Hours

By IsraelNationalNews.com

"The police are trying to scare anti-expulsion protestors that their parents will be arrested, but they won't scare us." So says a woman whose husband was arrested - along with their two toddlers. Ruth Sariel, a mother of 10 from Elon Moreh, said the police "harassment" against her and her family has been ongoing for three months. The latest incident was the "arrest" of her two youngest children, aged 3 and 5, together with their father. "Last night, when only my husband and the two little ones were home, the police came and said that we hadn't responded to a summons, and therefore they were arresting him. When he said that there was no one to watch the two little ones, they ignored him, and actually piled up all three of them into the paddy wagon and took them to the police station in Ariel." The two children slept on their father's lap. "I called the police," Ruth said, "and demanded that the children be brought back immediately. The police refused, and even threatened to give the children to a family that would take them in."

Sharon Warns Opponents of Disengagement Not to Use Violence,

By Sonja Pace (VOA-Jerusalem)

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has warned opponents of his disengagement plan against using violence. The warning came amid increasing concerns about possible civil unrest as Israel prepares to withdraw from the Gaza Strip and small portions of the West Bank.

Speaking at the annual conference of the Jewish Agency Tuesday, Sharon issued a stern warning to Jewish settlers and their supporters. He said even though those who use violence against the security forces or call on soldiers to disobey orders are a small minority their actions endanger Israel's existence as a democratic, Jewish state.

His warning comes just two days after a group of settlers set upon soldiers sent to demolish some abandoned buildings along a Gaza beachfront. Nearly a dozen protesters and an equal number of soldiers were injured in the scuffle. One soldier at the scene refused to take part in the operation and instead shouted his support for the settlers. The soldier, Corporal Avi Bieber, was arrested and was sentenced Tuesday in a Be'r Sheva military court to 56 days imprisonment because of his actions.

Sharon again outlined his reasons for ordering the evacuation of more than 8,000 settlers from Gaza. "We are leaving the Gaza Strip," he said, "where there is no chance whatsoever to consolidate a Jewish majority." He said that efforts should be directed at areas most important for Israel's existence. He listed the Negev in the south, the Galilee in the north, greater Jerusalem, the major West Bank settlement concentrations and what he termed security areas, which is understood to mean much of the Jordan River Valley and areas around major Jewish settlement blocks.


Sharon on Record: Sinai Precedent Was a Mistake

By IsraelNationalNews.com

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is on record as saying that the evacuation of Yamit and the other Jewish areas in Sinai was a mistake in that they led to talk of evacuation of other towns in Judea, Samaria, Gaza and Golan.

Eleven years ago, on the 12th anniversary of Israel's pullout from the Sinai and the expulsion of the Jewish residents there, Arutz-7 interviewed Sharon - the man who is most closely associated with that evacuation. He said that in light of the developments since then - which included at the time only the "consideration" of dismantling Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria and Gaza - "it was a grave mistake to dismantle the Jewish communities in Sinai." The then-Knesset Member also explained why a withdrawal from Gaza, Samaria or Judea would be totally unacceptable.

Sharon repeated, in the 1994 interview, his firm stance that Israel must not withdraw from the Golan, Judea, Samaria or Gaza, adding, "Every leaving of a Jewish community is a most difficult thing." He then said, "I would also like to note now and emphasize again, in light of the government's attempt to use the precedent of Sinai as a precedent for what it wants to do now in Judea and Samaria regarding the dismantling of Jewish communities - [this] shows that it was a grave mistake to make this decision [in Sinai] about the dismantling of Jewish communities, because we see what this leads to... Of course, if there would have been a different government today, it would not have made similar decisions."


USAID Subsidizes Arab Terror in Judea and Samaria

By IsraelNationalNews.com

American law prevents using taxpayers' money to fund institutions that support terrorism. Yet that hasn't deterred the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) from spending millions on projects that glorify terror and facilitate recruitment. Palestinian Media Watch reports that U.S. aid to the Palestinian Authority is being spent on institutions that support and glorify terrorism and promote hatred of Israel and the United States.

Money authorized by Congress to improve economic conditions in the PA has been used indirectly to subsidize terrorist activity. Much of the money was distributed by USAID. "I am very disturbed by the findings of this report, particularly the widespread nature of the alleged violations," said Rep. Nita Lowry (D -N.Y). "I will ask USAID to provide Congress with a detailed response to these findings immediately. This report cannot go unanswered by the leadership of USAID."

PMW Director Itamar Marcus said that this year, USAID has paid out $7 million to PA universities, which allow Hamas and Islamic Jihad to organize and operate freely on campus. He also said that PA universities provide terror groups with the means to inculcate thousands of students with radical Islamic philosophy.

Just one week ago, a 21-year-old woman terrorist, a student at Al-Quds University near Ramallah, was caught with 15 pounds of explosives hidden in her underwear, on her way to a planned terror attack at an Israeli hospital.

Marcus pointed out, that United States' law prohibits allocating taxpayer money to any "individual, private or government entity, or educational institution that the Secretary [of State] knows or has reason to believe advocates, plans, sponsors, engages in, or has engaged in, terrorist activity."


History Repeats Itself On The Seashore

By Steve Sharon (Commentary)

Few could argue that the Mediterranean Sea is one of earth's most beautiful of all bodies of water. Think of the great and long lasting sites along its vast coastline, which constitute a sizable portion of anyone's lists of the world's greatest getaway destinations. The French Riviera, and its famous resorts, Monte Carlo, the world's playground for the ultra rich, The Italian Riviera, and its gorgeous spots such as Portofino, not to mention the Amalfi Coast in Campagna, perhaps the world's greatest example of land meeting water. The list could go on forever. Interestingly, the list used to include spots in Lebanon, but of course Arabs will be Arabs, so that went by the wayside...and then there is Gaza.

Lost amidst the debates over Israeli withdraw from the entire Gaza strip is its very favorable placement along the Mediterranean. Not just as a naval asset which Israel will forfeit, making its defenses that much weaker, but as a place where people should want to congregate because of its potential to be such a garden spot, totally unlike the cesspool the Arabs residing there have created and cultivated for the last half century or so. Similarly there is a comparison between Gaza and America which never seems to be drawn, but is there for those with memories of what America used to be like for Jews.

Much of America's shoreline was off-limits to Jews. These were known as restricted communities. These communities, mainly oceanfront towns, were as free of Jews then as the United States wishes Gaza to be today. Often Jews were not the only ones prevented from becoming citizens of these loveliest of America's places; other religious and ethnic groups were also barred as well, but Jews always were the ones targeted the most, in part because blacks had no chance of affording the housing stock of these communities anyway thus it was a non-issue. Even in states such as Maryland where huge Jewish communities wielded great political influence; nothing could be done to breakthrough the restriction barriers until the late 20th century.

Unfortunately for the Jews in Gaza, they have neither sizable numbers nor political clout, so are doomed to be forcibly removed from their homes, turning Gaza into another restricted community. This time only Muslims need apply instead of Christians, but the results will be the same. No Jews Allowed.

This transgression against the Jews could only be accomplished with the full backing of the United States government. History repeats itself. The United States moves swiftly and with awesome efficiency in uprooting these Jews of Gaza and even more importantly, preventing them from ever returning. Gaza becomes just another place in a long list of places where NO JEWS ALLOWED became the accepted policy and the enforced policy, written or unwritten, of the United States.

Of course, the millions of Jews in America today, many of them too young to remember the days of restricted cities, counties, clubs, see little reason to draw such a comparison between America's past policies on its own lands yesterday and its present policies on the Holy Lands today. Besides, those Jews in Gaza are different. It is absurd to think that Jews in America could ever suffer the same fate.... how quickly we forget.

(Steve Sharon may be reached at steve@amisall.org)


Rabbi to Advise U.S. Air Force Academy on Religion

By Reuters

The U.S. Air Force has named a rabbi who has served as a senior military chaplain to help change the religious climate at the Air Force Academy amid concern over inappropriate proselytizing by evangelical Christians.

Rabbi Arnold Resnicoff, previously the top chaplain in the U.S. military's European Command, will serve as a special assistant for "values and vision" to acting Air Force Secretary Michael Dominguez and Chief of Staff Gen. John Jumper, the Air Force said. Resnicoff is a retired U.S. Navy captain.

The Air Force said Resnicoff will advise Dominguez on implementing recommendations made last week by Lt. Gen. Roger Brady, who headed an assessment prompted by allegations that the academy promotes evangelical Christianity and a climate of intolerance toward other religious beliefs including Judaism.

"As far as I know, there is no illegal discrimination -- that means someone can't get a promotion or someone can't get a good grade or someone can't get into a class based on religion," Resnicoff said.

"However, there is some insensitivity and there's some people who may have thought that speaking and proclaiming their faith was an innocent way to spread the word. Again, they have to understand this idea that something has changed when they put that uniform on or when they work for a military academy," he told reporters in a conference call.

The U.S. Constitution mandates a separation of church and state. Brady's report faulted the academy for failing to accommodate "adherents to minority beliefs," but concluded there was no "overt religious discrimination." It found that some faculty and staff inappropriately expressed strong religious views and Jewish cadets on campus faced anti-Semitic comments. The report recommended that the Air Force set new guidelines on appropriate religious expression and provide training in religious diversity and respect.

Capt. James Cunningham, an Air Force spokesman, said Resnicoff was not picked because he is Jewish. "He was hired because of his credentials. He was selected because he has inter-religious and military experience.".

A team from Yale Divinity School said in April it found evangelical Christian proselytizing commonplace on campus, and noted "stridently evangelical themes" by staff. The team described a campus chaplain telling cadets they would "burn in the fires of hell" if they were not born-again Christians.


Hitler: Father of Sex Doll?

By Ynetnews.com

Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler ordered, in 1941 a Danish doctor named Olen Hannussen, to develop the world's first inflatable sex doll, the Italian newspaper "Corriere della Sera' reported. The doll was went meant to serve the sexual needs of the German fighting man, who might otherwise go to brothels and contract a sexual transmitted disease - or worse, have sex with non-Aryan women and thus pollute the race.

The story of the sex doll first appeared in a Norwegian newspaper, which said that Hitler himself provided the measurements and design for the doll: "She should be a natural size with a pretty woman's appearance with white skin, blonde hair, blue eyes, 1.76 meters (5 feet, nine inches) high, with large lips and breasts." According to the project, which was classified as "top secret," soldiers would inflate up the doll when feeling the urge, and it would meet their sexual needs. The officer directly responsible for the sex doll project was S.S. commander Heinrich Himmler.

According to another report, Dr. Rudolf Chargeheimer, a psychiatrist appointed by Himmler to help develop the prototype, wrote "the purpose and goal of the dolls is to relieve our soldiers. They have to fight and not to mingle with 'foreign women. However," wrote Chargeheimer, "no real men will prefer a doll to a real woman until our technicians meet the following quality standards: The synthetic flesh has to feel the same like real flesh. The doll's body should be as agile and moveable as the real body. The doll's organ should feel absolutely realistic."

The plan was never put into action because the factory that was supposed to manufacture the sex doll was in the city of Dresden, which was bombed by the Allies. And so Hitler never got to see his inflatable girls put to use.


Foreign Worker Circumcises Himself

By Ynetnews.com

An illegal foreign worker from the Ukraine circumcised himself with a knife so his physical appearance would be similar to that of Jewish men. The man told the stunned Immigration Police officers who had apprehended him that he had carried out the act to "become more like the Jews." Nevertheless, the worker is facing expulsion from the country.

Early Tuesday Immigration Police officers raided the city of Bnei Brak in an attempt to locate illegal foreign workers. At some point during the operation, the officers noticed a man strolling suspiciously on one of the city's streets. The man admitted he had arrived in the country as a tourist in 2000 but remained for work purposes after his visa had expired.

During his interrogation, the man told the officers he had circumcised himself with a knife about a week ago so he would look more like Jewish men. He said that since the makeshift operation he has been taking antibiotic medication to ensure his recovery. Despite the immense pain the man had endured, the officers decided to arrest him anyway, and he was sent to a hearing conducted by Interior Ministry representatives to decide on his expulsion from the country. In the interim, he will be held under arrest.




























Home Search

(All material on these web pages is © 2001-2012
by Electronic World Communications, Inc.)



 
Home
Search
 
Read today's issue
 
Who is Don Canaan?
 
IsraelNewsFaxx's Zionism and the Middle East Resource Directory